Here is a list of news and events to use as inspiration for the October school holidays and going forward into the fourth term of 2015:
- The Carnival at Weltevreden was closed on weekdays for the Winter season but is open during the school holiday from Tuesdays – Sundays from 09:00 – 16:00.
- Skilpadvlei has revamped its entire outdoor play park and now has designated play areas for different age groups including toddlers.
- RideIn Cafe in Jonkershoek recently added a kiddies mini-cycle track to their outdoor play area.
- The Jollytods playschool is presenting an outdoor show of the Bottomless Coffee Band + family picnic on Sunday 11 October at 12:00 in the picnic area at Devonvale Golf Estate. More info here.
- The whole family is invited to Cape Gate’s annual 5 and 10km Charity Run on Saturday, 3 October 2015. The fun run is supported by Smile FM and Coca Cola and is organised by the Nedbank Running Club. Enter and pay online at www.enteronline.co.za.
- Twaalf is a new restaurant that aims to make a difference in the community that has opened in the Black Horse Centre on Dorp Street. The restaurant does not have a play area but it does offer a kid’s menu and opens up onto a courtyard.
- Not in the Winelands but certainly worth a mention! Jump Around, an exciting new jump park, has opened in Paarden Eiland. The indoor jump park is one of its kind in South Africa and has over 1000 square meters of trampolines. Watch the children jump around from the viewing point while you enjoy a cup of Joe.
If you have other news or events to add for the October school holiday please leave a comment below. Please note that comments will be moderated.