With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought I’d tell you a bit about a very special spot that all the loved up families can visit during the month of love. It’s a lovely hidden gem where mom and dad can share a romantic moment and the little ones can feel the love too.
My husband and I recently visited the Bistro on the La Paris Estate for a lunch date and we can’t wait to go back. We definitely felt like it’s a wonderful place for the whole family as well: it’s elegant, yet trendy, complete with unique décor elements that evoke a relaxed feeling from the minute you arrive. It’s a quaint little spot that gave us exactly what we were looking for: a stunning breakaway with delicious food that left us with the hope of returning sooner rather than later.
The Bistro has a farm-to-table philosophy – I love that – and my goodness, the food was so beautifully presented. Despite our “no smartphone rule” at the table, we agreed to make an exception and took pictures of the gorgeous, wholesome and authentic plates that we were privileged enough to enjoy together. I’m also happy to report that each bite tasted as delectable as the plates looked! Trust me – this one is for all the #InstaFoodies out there!
Their beautifully designed, edgy and sophisticated bar is especially eye-catching and my dear oenophile husband was also very impressed with their selection of fine wines. The Bistro lists over 70 locally-sourced wines, offers craft beer on tap and has a stunning range of cocktails, too.
While they keep the adults intrigued with their diverse drinks offering, they do cater for the little ones as well. I was delighted to find out that they have baby chairs available for our youngest for next time and a range of activities for older kids to keep themselves entertained, from age-appropriate card games to colourful puzzles – just ask your waiter/waitress.
While we waited for our lunch, we took a stroll through the estate and was pleasantly surprised by the charming outdoor play area, the lush green lawn that can be used as a lovely picnic spot, as well as the romantic pathways and charming corners that are perfect for quiet lunches or date nights. These pleasures aside, I couldn’t help but fell in love with the organic veggie garden – it has a true, farm feel to it.
Not only is La Paris Bistro a romantic spot for adults, but it’s most definitely a restaurant that a family can enjoy together. It would also make the perfect venue for baby showers for mommies-to-be or kitchen teas for blushing brides. I also spotted a fireplace inside, which makes this a lovely, cosy eatery to visit during the colder winter months if you can’t make it there sooner.
Our Stamp of Approval
- Sustainability: The Bistro follows a farm-to-table philosophy, serving wholesome food that is sourced locally and responsibly, plus, they have their own herb and veggie garden that supplies the kitchen with fresh and organic ingredients. Their menu includes grass-fed beef, fresh farm produce and gluten-free products.
- Safe: The charming outdoor playground is sure to keep the little ones’ imaginations running wild. The playground is not visible from the restaurant’s seating area, but, with adult supervision, it is a safe space, in a beautifully serene location.
- Socially Responsible: La Paris are in the process of switching to solar power, which is eco-friendly and emits no greenhouse gases. They also support local old age homes and disadvantaged schools in their charity drives.
- Soulful: The Bistro is warm and welcoming, with friendly and helpful staff. I love the relaxed feeling in an elegant space – the perfect combination for my idea of a family-friendly spot. They’re also pet-friendly, which is a bonus.
Nice to know:
- La Paris Bistro has a special Valentine’s dinner menu that you can view here (bookings are essential).
- You can shop online for some of La Paris Bistro’s favourite local and authentically-made products at the La Paris Deli, both for delivery or for collection. They deliver to Pearl Valley, Val de Vie and Boschenmeer for only R30.